How do I play multiple files through my computer/laptop on a constant loop?
Digital downloads from AtmosFX are compatible with both Mac and PC computers.
We use the MP4 file format for all of our videos, so as long as you can play MP4 files you’ll be all set.
Most computers already include software that can play MP4 files, but sometimes decorators need to download additional software.
Also, some programs can play the files but will not let you make custom looping playlists of your decorations.
The easiest solution for working around this problem is to download the VLC player.
VLC is a free media player for both Mac and PC that allows you to create a custom playlist of video files and have them loop continuously.
You can download VLC at the following link:
Making a Looping Playlist in VLC
To set up your looping playlist, locate these three buttons on your VLC window.
- The left button toggles between your playlist and your video. Toggling to your playlist will let you drag, drop, and/or delete videos from your playlist.
- The middle button toggles between looping modes. Pressing it once will loop one file, pressing it twice will loop all files, and pressing it a third time will turn looping off.
- The third button toggles random playback of your playlist.
Turning off Subtitles in VLC
If the filenames are popping up during playback, this issue can be easily rectified within VLC Player by doing the following:
- In the top menu bar, go to the "VLC" dropdown menu and select "Preferences."
- In the "Preferences" window that opens up, select the "Subtitles & OSD" tab.
- Under "On Screen Display," make sure that "Enable OSD" is NOT checked. If it is, uncheck it.
This will disable any subtitles from popping up.