What general projector settings or terms should I know about?
This list of common projector terms will guide you through all of the most important things to know about digital projectors.
- Contrast ratio is the ratio of the brightest and darkest image a projector can create
For example, the Digital Decorating Kit Plus has a 500:1 contrast ratio, which means a completely bright image would be 500 times brighter than a completely dark image
- Lumens are a measurement of a projector's brightness
- Keystone is the corrective setting which changes the angle of your projection
- Resolution is a measurement of video quality by counting the number of pixels
- Throw describes the size of your projection relative to the distance of the projector
- Zoom settings allow you to adjust the magnification your projected image
Most projectors do not have a zoom function, but some higher-end projectors do